Here comes the Pummel Party update 1.6.1! The new update is finally out on occasion of its one-year anniversary, featuring a new map, minigame variants, and more other content updates, especially the big change made to the number of online players. Time to dive into this awesome update for the Pummel Party game!
What’s new in the update 1.6.1 of Pummel Party game?
The maximum number of players has been grown to 8
You must be very excited to know a big change in terms of the maximum number of players for Pummel Party game. Now, thanks to this Pummel Party update 1.6.1, you can compete against up to 8 players online and locally. This means the extra friend that could have not joined you in the former matches is now able to play with you.
Big note: At the moment, 30 of the 38 minigames allow 4 players to play with each other. In the forthcoming time, the developers will address some of these, but sadly, not all minigames will allow 8 players to join because of their basic designs.
If you want to play with 8 local players by utilizing 8 XInput controllers, you will have to access the options and when you see the “Use XInput” option, just quickly disable it. XInput is used in a default way for XInput compatible controllers, but it does not work for more than 4 controllers.
The minimum number of players has been decreased to 2
The demand for 4 players to join in the game has been eliminated before starting it. And this means if you want to play the game with 2 or 3 players, you don’t have to attach bots to your game anymore.
New randomized board map called The Rift
This Pummel Party 1.6.1 update also brings a brand new board map called The Rift which is very exclusive. The interesting thing about this map is that it chooses a layout in a random way then procedurally choose the used spaces within that layout. Thanks to this, every time you join the map, it will bring you a new different experience. More than that, Pummel Party The Rift map also stores an exclusive board event reversing the map’s direction while you are playing, and this will definitely lead to some annoying but amusing moments.
Substitute Minigame Maps
The developers have randomly chosen substitute maps for the minigames in Pummel Party. The result is that they have released an alternate map for the Explosive Exchange minigame via the update 1.6.1. Make sure you experience this alternate map and don’t forget to send your feedback on it. The development team would love to hear your thoughts on the minigames that would have the most advantage from having substitute maps.
One year anniversary of Pummel Party
It’s been a year since Pummel Party was first released. The development team is very grateful for all the players’ support and their feedback on the gameplay, features, content. Pummel Party will have more updates and new features coming up in the future. Stick with it and wait for them! Many thanks from the development team to all the players!
Pummel Party Patch Notes 1.6.1
- There was an increase in the maximum number of players from 4 to 8
- There was a reduction in the minimum number of players from 4 to 2
- Introduced the new randomized board map called The Rift to all players
- Alternative maps in the game now have the support, and also, a new alternative map was added for Explosive Exchange.
- Made a fix to a lightning bug in WinterMaze
- There was an increase in the animation speed of the “Swap Portal” item when switching
- Made a fix to a bug in which AI doesn’t succeed in obtaining the target with “Swap Portal” item
- Made a fix to a bug in “Rusty Racers” minigame where the outline would continue to last after the cart was damaged.
- Made the movement between icebergs and other segments of the “Winterglow” map much smoother.
- Made a fix to a bug in which the victor is calculated before all the keys have been gathered.